During this pandemic, Maharashtra Police have re-introduced an e-pass system in case you need to travel in Maharashtra. This should be used in case of extreme emergency situations. New restrictions have been announced in a revised circular by Government of Maharashtra recently due to a surge in covid-19 cases in Maharashtra.
Our State Police have advised to use this facility in case of absolute emergency only.
How to apply for an E-pass in Maharashtra:
– Visit the official portal https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
– You will see tow heading there,
1st is ‘Apply for a New Pass’
2nd is ‘Download Pass.’
As you scroll to the bottom, you will see ‘Apply for a pass’ click on that button.
– On the next page select the district you want to travel to
– Submit the necessary documentations
– Mention the reason for your travel
– The supporting documents should be collated in 1 single file while uploading, ie. Pdf file of a low size
– After you submit the necessary documents you shall receive a Token ID. Kindly save it. On the Home page, you can click on ‘Check Status / Download Pass’ to check the status of your application
– After the verification and approval by the concerned authorities, you can download the E-pass using your Token ID.
– The E-pass shall contain your details, vehicle number, validity date (To and From) and a QR code.
– Request you to keep a hard / soft copy with you while travelling and show it to the respective authorities.
Kindly Note: That essential service providers don`t need a travel pass for inter-state or intra- state travel.
All other people exempted from the above category, can apply to e-pass through the link mentioned above in this article.
The e-pass can also be obtained by visiting to your nearest police station. Those who don’t have access to internet may visit your nearest police station. The personnel at the police station will handover the form and help you with it. You also need to carry your latest photo, Valid document / Medical Report / Company ID and RT-PCR negative report with you if you are visiting the police station.